This Cajun Sausage and Cauliflower Rice Skillet is loaded with peppers, onions, andouille hen sausage and tender riced cauliflower seasoned to perfection with our home made Cajun seasoning! The proper low carb dinner for your loved ones!
If you happen to’re in search of a dish with TONS of taste then look no additional. This Cajun Sausage and Cauliflower Rice Skillet has the right quantity of daring, zesty flavors to boost an in any other case boring cauliflower rice! I imply you may’t go fallacious with this combination of andouille hen sausage, bell peppers, onions, and garlic all sautéed along with my home made cajun seasoning and tender cauliflower rice.
It is a good low carb meal for busy weeknights as a result of this recipe is fast, tremendous EASY and makes scrumptious leftovers! The wonderful thing about cooking with cauliflower is you can actually have enjoyable with quite a lot of seasonings since cauliflower by itself is fairly bland and tasteless so it takes on no matter flavors you throw at it.
Why You will Love this Recipe
- This complete meal is prepared in lower than half-hour.
- It is low carb (7 internet carbs), gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo.
- Loaded with veggies and tons of flavour.
- Made multi functional pan for simple clean-up!
- Save time by buying frozen cauliflower rice, no must thaw!
Components You will Want
- Cauliflower rice – you need to use recent or frozen store-bought riced cauliflower on this recipe or simply make your personal! (See beneath for added directions)
- Andouille hen sausage – I used this andouille hen sausage, however any cajun-style sausage will work on this recipe
- Bell peppers – a mixture of purple and inexperienced bell peppers, however you need to use no matter coloured bell peppers you need on this
- Onions – you may want a 1/2 cup of white or yellow onion together with some chopped inexperienced onions for shade
- Garlic – you need to use recent chopped garlic or minced garlic from the jar
- Rooster broth – be at liberty to make use of hen broth, vegetable broth or any shares you have got available. You possibly can additionally use water, however you may lose a few of the taste
- Cajun seasoning – I used this scrumptious home made cajun seasoning
How you can Rice Your Cauliflower
One of the best half about cauliflower rice is that you could find it in all places lately! I discover that it is actually a lot simpler to simply use store-bought riced cauliflower (both recent or frozen) straight from the bag since there is not any massive chunks of cauliflower to fret about and the rice is uniform in measurement. You may in fact rice your personal cauliflower, in the event you’d favor! To do that, merely chop up one head of cauliflower into florets and place them within the bowl of a meals processor. Then simply pulse a number of occasions till the cauliflower resembles grain-like “rice.” Relying on the scale of your meals processor, chances are you’ll want to do that in batches. Simply watch out to not over-process the cauliflower as it may change into mushy.
How you can Make Cajun Cauliflower Rice Skillet
- Chop, chop, chop! Chop all of your veggies and slice up the andouille hen sausage. If making your personal riced cauliflower, chop one head of cauliflower into florets and pulse in a meals processor till the cauliflower resembles “rice.” You can even use recent store-bought riced cauliflower or a frozen bag of riced cauliflower.
- Prepare dinner the sausages. Warmth 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a big skillet over medium-high warmth and cook dinner the andouille hen sausage till browned and cooked by way of, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Saute the greens. Add the chopped onion and bell peppers and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, till softened. Add within the garlic and cook dinner for an extra 30 seconds.
- Add in cauliflower rice. Add the cauliflower rice to the skillet together with the hen (or vegetable broth) and 1 tablespoon of cajun seasoning, mixing nicely. Let the cauliflower cook dinner for about 5 to six minutes till softened. Be sure to not cowl the pan as steaming the riced cauliflower will make it mushy. Flip the warmth off, combine within the inexperienced onions, and revel in!
Can I Use Frozen Cauliflower Rice?
! I am an enormous fan of preserving luggage of frozen cauliflower rice in my freezer to make use of any time I wish to whip up a fast dinner or I am in a pinch. No must thaw the frozen cauliflower rice both earlier than cooking, you simply wish to make sure that any massive clumps are damaged up earlier than dumping it out onto your sizzling skillet.
Prepping and Storage
This sausage and cauliflower rice will final for 3 to 4 days saved in a sealed, hermetic container in your fridge. Sadly I don’t suggest freezing this meal as the feel of cooked cauliflower rice modifications after being frozen and doesn’t maintain up nicely.
Extra Cauliflower Recipes You will Love
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 15 minutes
- Whole Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces andouille hen sausage, sliced
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 purple bell pepper, chopped
- 1 inexperienced bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups riced cauliflower, recent or frozen
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup hen (or vegetable) broth or inventory
- 1/4 cup inexperienced onions, chopped
- Warmth olive oil in a big skillet over medium-high warmth and cook dinner andouille hen sausage till browned and cooked by way of, about 6 minutes.
- Add the onion and bell peppers and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, till softened. Add the garlic and cook dinner for an extra 30 seconds.
- Add the cauliflower rice to the skillet together with the hen broth and cajun seasoning, mixing nicely. Let the cauliflower cook dinner for five to six minutes, till softened. Be sure to not cowl the pan as steaming the riced cauliflower will make it mushy.
- Flip the warmth off, combine within the inexperienced onions and revel in!
*This may final for 3 to 4 days saved in a sealed, hermetic container in your fridge. I don’t suggest freezing this meal as the feel of cooked cauliflower rice modifications after being frozen and doesn’t maintain up nicely.
- Serving Dimension: 1 1/2 cups
- Energy: 193
- Sugars: 5.9 g
- Sodium: 488.7 mg
- Fat: 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fibers: 5 g
- Proteins: 11.7 g
* Please word that every one vitamin info are simply estimates. Values will differ amongst manufacturers, so we encourage you to calculate these by yourself for many correct outcomes.