This Fig Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash is the proper fall salad loaded with leafy greens, contemporary figs, crunchy pecans, and creamy goat cheese all tossed with a wealthy balsamic dressing!
Oh how I really like fall salad this time of 12 months to stability out all these cozy consolation meals dishes we’re all at present having fun with! This salad is loaded with peppery arugula, candy contemporary figs, completely roasted butternut squash (with cinnamon!), crunchy pecans, creamy goat cheese and scrumptious pops of dried cranberries all drizzled with a scrumptious maple balsamic dressing. I do know. There may be A LOT happening. However so value it in the very best means. The flavors are unbelievable and I promise this can be a salad you will wish to add to your menu this season!
Why You may Love this Salad
- So many scrumptious flavors and textures on this salad!
- Loaded with seasonal contemporary fruits and veggies.
- The butternut squash is roasted in cinnamon and cayenne for the proper candy and spicy combo.
- This maple balsamic dressing must be a staple in your kitchen this season!
- This salad can also be tremendous fairly to have a look at
Components You may Want
- Leafy greens – I really like the peppery style of arugula on this salad, however any mixture of leafy greens will work
- Figs – I used contemporary figs on this salad which style superb with the balsamic dressing! You can additionally use dried figs, however have in mind these are usually increased in sugar
- Butternut squash – this makes the salad so filling roasted with heat cinnamon, a bit cayenne, salt and pepper which is my favourite taste combo. You can additionally roast candy potato or different squash
- Crumbled cheese – I used crumbled goat cheese, however feta, gorgonzola and even blue cheese all would style nice on this salad. To maintain this vegan, merely omit the cheese altogether or use your favourite vegan choice
- Pecans – these add a pleasant crunch to the salad and you can additionally use chopped walnuts, almonds or cashews. My Candied maple walnuts would additionally make a scrumptious addition made with maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon!
- Dried cranberries – good little pops of sweetness all through the salad together with some added shade
- Maple Balsamic Dressing – made with a mix of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, Dijon mustard and contemporary thyme
Learn how to Roast Butternut Squash
Roasting butternut squash is tremendous easy and tastes completely scrumptious! First, you may wish to peel and slice the butternut squash into 1-inch cubes and toss them in a bowl with olive oil, cinnamon, cayenne, salt and pepper, mixing effectively till the squash is evenly coated. Subsequent, switch the butternut squash cubes onto a sheet pan sprayed with non-stick spray and roast within the oven at 400 levels F for 25 to half-hour, flipping the squash midway by way of. The butternut squash is finished when it is fork tender and beginning to brown.
Maple Balsamic Dressing (the BEST!)
I completely LOVE this maple balsamic dressing and it’s really what makes this salad so superb! This dressing is wealthy, tangy and simply made with simply 5 easy elements – balsamic vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, Dijon mustard and contemporary thyme. Not solely does this dressing style nice on salads, however I like to drizzle it on veggies, use it as a marinade for rooster, fish or steak, toss it in pasta salads, and a lot extra. It’s also possible to make this proper in your blender in lower than 5 minutes or easy shake all of it up in a jar!
I at all times make my very own salad dressings proper at residence as a result of I usually have already got all of the elements readily available in my pantry or fridge, it is budget-friendly and actually simply tastes so significantly better than the bottled stuff from the shop.
Learn how to Make this Salad
- Roast the squash. Preheat the oven to 400 levels F. Rigorously peel and slice the butternut squash, chopping it into 1-inch cubes. Toss with olive oil, cinnamon, cayenne, salt and pepper till fully coated. Unfold the butternut squash out on a ready baking sheet in a single layer and roast within the oven for about 25 to half-hour, flipping them as soon as midway by way of.
- Make the balsamic dressing. Whereas the squash is roasting, mix all of the elements for the maple balsamic dressing in a blender and course of till easy or just whisk collectively all the things in a mason jar till emulsified.
- Assemble the salads. Mix the arugula, figs, pecans and dried cranberries in a big bowl and toss with the balsamic dressing. Fold within the roasted butternut squash and sprinkle with goat cheese and contemporary thyme. Serve and revel in!
Extra Salad Recipes You may Love
Hope you all take pleasure in this Fig Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash and when you love this recipe as a lot as we do, please depart me a five-star ranking beneath and do not forget to tag me on Instagram utilizing the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I really like seeing all of your scrumptious recreations!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 30 minutes
- Complete Time: 40 minutes
For the Butternut Squash:
- 1 (2 lb) butternut squash, peeled and lower into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to style
- 6 to 7 cups arugula
- 6 to 8 contemporary figs, quartered
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- maple balsamic herb dressing (recipe)
- Sprinkle with contemporary thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 levels F.
- Roast the squash: Rigorously peel and slice the butternut squash, chopping it into 1-inch cubes. Toss with olive oil, cinnamon, cayenne, salt and pepper till fully coated. Unfold butternut squash out on ready baking sheet in a single layer and roast within the oven for about 25 to half-hour, flipping them as soon as midway by way of.
- Make the balsamic dressing: Mix all of the elements for the maple balsamic dressing in a blender and course of till easy or just whisk collectively all the things in a mason jar till emulsified.
- Assemble the salads: Mix arugula, figs, pecans and dried cranberries in a big bowl and toss with dressing. Fold within the roasted butternut squash and sprinkle with goat cheese and contemporary thyme, serve and revel in!
*This salad will final about 3 days in your fridge, however undoubtedly tastes finest instantly after making it. If planning to take pleasure in this for a number of days, I recommend dressing particular person parts with the salad dressing in order that the arugula stays contemporary.
- Serving Measurement: 1/sixth of recipe
- Energy: 265
- Sugars: 19.4 g
- Sodium: 167.7 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.8 g
- Fibers: 2.8 g
- Proteins: 3.5 g
* Please observe that every one diet data are simply estimates. Values will fluctuate amongst manufacturers, so we encourage you to calculate these by yourself for many correct outcomes.