Moist and juicy rooster breasts marinated in a wealthy maple balsamic herb glaze, seasoned with recent herbs, and grilled to perfection for a wholesome weeknight meal!
We love rooster in our home so I’m all about sharing simple rooster recipes! This maple balsamic herb rooster is juicy, extremely flavorful and makes the proper wholesome weeknight meal! This rooster can also be nice for meal prep and I like utilizing the leftovers to throw on a salad or over brown rice for easy lunches. This marinade is completely scrumptious made with a combination of wealthy balsamic vinegar, a little bit olive oil, maple syrup for some sweetness, garlic and Dijon mustard for a punch of flavour, together with recent herbs! It additionally makes an important salad dressing as effectively!
Why You will Love this Hen
- Tremendous flavorful, versatile and simple to throw collectively.
- You in all probability have already got all of the substances sitting in your pantry!
- This marinade additionally tastes nice on steak, fish or shrimp and works as a salad dressing.
- Nice for weekly meal prep served over rice, with roasted veggies or on a salad.
Elements You will Want
This simple maple balsamic marinade requires only a few easy substances that you simply in all probability have already got at house in your pantry or fridge! Here is what you will want:
- Hen – this recipe is for 4 boneless, skinless rooster breasts, however you can use rooster thighs and even rooster wings as effectively
- Balsamic vinegar – that is the star of this dressing and provides such a wealthy, tangy taste! Make sure that to make use of a top quality balsamic vinegar to get essentially the most taste
- Olive oil – this helps infuse the flavors into the rooster and prevents it from sticking to the grill. I like to make use of an excellent olive oil that does not must be costly, simply make certain it is cold-pressed and natural for essentially the most taste (in my view)
- Maple syrup – calmly sweetens this dressing with out utilizing any refined sugar, however you can additionally use honey or different pure sweetener
- Dijon mustard – this provides a little bit zip and helps to emulsify the dressing
- Garlic – you should utilize recent chopped garlic or minced garlic from the jar
- Recent thyme – recent thyme (or recent rosemary) actually provides such a recent style to this dressing, however you can use dried thyme or dried rosemary as effectively
- Salt + pepper
How Lengthy Ought to You Let the Hen Marinate?
To essentially infuse all this scrumptious taste into the rooster, I like to recommend marinating the rooster for a minimum of 1 hour or as much as 12 hours. Simply bear in mind, the longer it marinates, the extra flavorful the rooster can be! You simply need to ensure you do not marinate the rooster too lengthy as a result of then the rooster’s exterior texture might begin to breakdown leading to mushy, robust rooster.
The right way to Make Maple Balsamic Hen
- Make the marinade. In a small bowl or jar, whisk collectively balsamic vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, garlic, pinch of cayenne pepper, recent thyme, salt and pepper till all mixed.
- Ready rooster. Place rooster in a shallow dish or a 1-gallon sealable plastic bag and add a lot of the marinade (I all the time counsel reserving a little bit little bit of the marinade to brush on the rooster later whereas grilling!)
- Marinate! Place rooster within the fridge and let it marinate for a minimum of 1 hour or as much as 12 hours. When able to grill, take away rooster from the dish or bag, shake off any extra and discard leftover marinade.
- Grill and serve. Warmth a grill or grill pan on medium warmth and brush grill with oil to forestall the rooster from sticking. Grill the rooster 5 to six minutes on both sides or till cooked via and now not pink (rooster ought to have an inner temp of 165 levels). Take away rooster from grill and let it relaxation for five minutes earlier than serving. Get pleasure from!
Useful Ideas and Tips
- Marinate the rooster for as much as 12 hours for essentially the most sturdy taste!
- Marinating the rooster too lengthy could cause the rooster’s texture to interrupt down leading to mushy, robust rooster so ensure you do not exceed 12 hours.
- Make sure that so as to add a little bit oil to the grill or grill pan in order that the rooster would not stick.
- In the event you do not need to grill the rooster, you possibly can bake it within the oven at 400 levels F for 22 to twenty-eight minutes or till the rooster is totally cooked via.
- Hen ought to have an inner temp of 165 levels to make sure that it is cooked via, however not dry.
- Reserve a little bit little bit of marinade (earlier than it touches the rooster) to brush on it whereas the rooster is grilling.
- This maple balsamic marinade would style superb on rooster wings as effectively!
Prepping and Storage
Leftovers could be saved in a sealed, hermetic container for 3 to 4 days within the fridge. I like including this leftover rooster to my salads for straightforward lunches! You too can freeze these rooster breasts for as much as 4 months within the freezer and defrost within the fridge in a single day earlier than reheating. If you’re already utilizing rooster that has been beforehand frozen and thawed out, I don’t advocate freezing once more.
What to Serve with Maple Balsamic Hen
Listed below are a few of my favourite aspect dishes to serve with this scrumptious rooster! You would additionally merely serve this over brown rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice for a easy dinner.
Extra Hen Recipes You will Love
Hope you all get pleasure from this Maple Balsamic Herb Hen and should you love this recipe as a lot as we do, please go away me a five-star score under and remember to tag me on Instagram utilizing the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I like seeing all of your scrumptious recreations!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 15 minutes
- Complete Time: 25 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless rooster breasts
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon recent thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (or extra should you like warmth!)
- To make the marinade, in a small bowl or jar, whisk collectively balsamic vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, garlic, recent thyme, salt, pepper and pinch of cayenne pepper till all mixed.
- Place the rooster breasts in a shallow dish or a 1-gallon sealable plastic bag and add a lot of the marinade (I like to recommend reserving a little bit little bit of the marinade to brush on the rooster later whereas grilling)
- Place the rooster within the fridge and let it marinate for a minimum of 1 hour or as much as 12 hours. When able to grill, take away the rooster from the dish or bag, shake off any extra and discard the leftover marinade.
- Warmth a grill or grill pan on medium warmth and brush the grill with oil to forestall the rooster from sticking. Grill the rooster 5 to six minutes on both sides, or till cooked via and now not pink (rooster ought to have an inner temp of 165 levels).
- Take away the rooster from the grill and let it relaxation for five minutes earlier than serving. Get pleasure from!
- Serving Dimension: 1 rooster breast
- Energy: 292
- Sugars: 9 g
- Sodium: 318 mg
- Fat: 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.8 g
- Fibers: 0 g
- Proteins: 35.3 g
* Please observe that each one diet data are simply estimates. Values will fluctuate amongst manufacturers, so we encourage you to calculate these by yourself for many correct outcomes.